Friday, May 15, 2009

Some painting tests

I wanted to paint Pyramid Head rusty, but I never painted rust before. So I just asked some guys on WIP Forum for help. Here is what I came up with.



I started with a base coat of GW Chaos Black, then a coat Vallejo Light Rust and a brushed it with GW Boltgun Metal. The holes were then painted with Vallejo Dark Rust and then thin Vallejo Light Rust again. It was a good start but not that satisfiyng. The guys from WIP also gave me some intresting links.
http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/sonnyscrap.php
http://www.missing-lynx.com/rareworld.htm
Those were a biig help also. So I reworked my test paints.




I added a layer of GW Flesh Wash (unfortunately not longer avalable) and some GW Blazing Orange for the draining rust. This was nearly the finish.


Just added some spots of Vallejo Dark Rust again and that's it. Painted Rust. I'm quite satisfied how it came out. But I think I have to get me some of those MIG Pigments some of the WIP Members were talking about. They seem to be really neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment